- "This year's game comes as close as ever to bringing you every spin move and sternum-rupturing tackle that you see on Sundays."
- "Another great addition in this year's gameplay is the ability for your AI teammates to actually land successful blocks and hold them long enough for you to utilize them if you can read the defense correctly."
- "All-in-all the core gameplay on the field is great and looks fantastic in motion."
- "I can happily say that Online Team Play is one of the best gameplay modes to make it into a Madden game in a long time." (Doesn't really affects us Franchise players but it's a nice to know).
- "[Lack of] any innovations to the two franchise modes (online and offline) and the Be An NFL Superstar Mode. Being a lover of Franchise Mode, it really hurts me to have to suffer through the same exact package that was in last year's game." (The lack of innovation the Online Franchise Mode is disappointing, but any features (e.g. salary cap system) it lacks I will be adding it independently).
- "EA Sports tried to turn all of the hot routing and assignment changing functionality you're used to into something called the Strategy Pad, but the results are a bit frustrating." (Good thing we will be getting a patch that allows us to use the old way of hot routing)
- GameFlow: "I think if you're someone who's new to Madden or if the complexities of figuring out formation types was too much for you in the past, you're going to enjoy the bulk of what GameFlow does for you. On the flipside, if you're a hardcore football fan like me who really knows their X's and O's, chances are you aren't going to use the feature all that much." (I think it's safe to say no one here will be using this feature).
IGN Review Link